Friday, April 25, 2014

Liebster Award, revisited.

Good morning, darling readers!  Surprised to see me again so soon?  lol  I'm really trying to get on some sort of schedule and I've found if I start writing a post, save it, and then come back to it, later in the day, I actually am getting more done.  So I think I've finally found a method of blogging that works, for me, anyway.  This is going to be a rather long post, so please bear with me.

Back on March 6th, Leigh Anne of Polished into a Corner, nominated me for a Liebster Award.  I had to do a bit of research about what the Liebster Award is and then find blogs with less than the required number of followers to nominate.  That was no easy task for me to do as most of the blogs I read every day have hundreds of members.  I found this site that has a lot of info for the Liebster Award here and found out that it has gone through multiple versions since it was first started.  The rules I am following for this Liebster nomination can also be found there.  



To read the questions and answers that Leigh Anne asked me, please continue after the jump.





Here is the list of questions that Leigh Ann provided:

1.  What was the first Indie Polish you bought? My very first was a mini I purchased on Etsy from Liquid Imagination called Caribbean Queen.
2.  What is your favorite Indie Brand?  My all time favorite is Blue Eyed Girl Lacquer.  I also like Different Dimensions.  She was the 2nd indie maker I ever bought from.
3.  What are your favorite colors of nail polish?  Purple is my all-time favorite, closely followed by cobalt blue and deep reds.
4.  What do you do for fun?  I love to read, pretty much anything I can get my hands on, I'll read it.  I also scrapbook, make candles and soap, crochet, knit, and like to cook.
5.  How has the Winter been where you live? Two words...long and tortuous!
6.  What do you like about blogging?  I like making new friends and being able to share my mani's with those who like to look at them.
7.  How did you get started with blogging?  Good question!  I mainly started as a way to journal what I learn about nails and nail art.  I haven't done much, on the art side, yet but that is something I plan to work on in the near future.
8.  How long have you been blogging?  I have been blogging for about 18 months now.  October will be my 2nd blogaversary.
9.  If you won the lottery, what would you do first?  See an attorney!  lol  No, really,  I would because I'm not sure I would want it publicly known I'd won and would want to safe guard myself from any potential 'money grubbers'.  You know, those 'relatives' that suddenly show up, out of no where, wanting their cut.  I'm also a bit of a softy for sob stories so if people started calling me wanting money, I'd probably give it all away.  lol
10.  Would you share any of the lottery winnings?  With my children, of course, and maybe a few, select very good friends...and some indie polish makers because I would probably go on a 'custom' buying spree.  
11.  If you could donate to any charity, what would it be and why? We do donate to a charity that is close to my heart and that is Disabled American Veterans (DAV) because my step-Daddy was a disabled Korean War vet.  We also donate to a couple local Breast Cancer Awareness programs because my mother-in-law was a 5 year survivor before she passed in 2010 due to heart failure.

According to the rules, I'm now supposed to list 11 random facts about myself, so here goes:

1.  I used to collect keychains and had over 500 of them at one point.  No idea what I did with them though.
2.  I have a weakness for cherry cheesecake, especially if it's made by my daughter.
3.  We have 1 dog and 7 cats, right now.  Four of them are 6 weeks old kittens and will be going to their new homes in the next week or two and momma kitty will be getting spayed. (She's a semi-feral that adopted our dog and followed him in the house over the winter.)
4.  Except for 2 years,  I've lived my whole life in or around where I was born, here in Ohio.
5.  I just got my 6th tattoo a few weeks ago.
6.  When I first started my blog, I had only 80 some nail polishes.  I now have over 350.
7.  My bff and I met in high school and have been friends for more than 30 years.
8.  I didn't get my driver's license until I was 30.
9.  This may be a little silly, given my age, but I'm just a little afraid of the dark sometimes.
10.  I love wearing my hair long, but am an absolute wreck when it comes to hair styles.
11.  I have a progressive spinal cord disease called Arachnoiditis but I try not to let it affect how I look at life.  Life is too short to let a disease change my sense of humor and I always try to find at least one positive thing in every day, no matter how I may feel physically.

And now, here are the blogs I am nominating.  I'll be letting them know of their nominations shortly.

1.  Pinpoint Polish
2.  Storm and Stars
3.  Men Can Wear Nail Polish
4.  Begin Nails: Every Journey Has A Beginning
5.  Dream It Up Nails
6.  Lazy Lacquerista
7.  Nail Polish Society
8.  Drama Queen Nails
9.  Hey, Darling Polish!
10.  Ithinity Beauty

And finally, my 11 questions to my nominees are: (you can copy & paste these to your own blog to help make answering them easier)

1.  What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
2.  Do you have a dedicated nail/beauty room or just a small space?
3.  What is your favorite mainstream polish and your favorite indie polish?
4.  What are some of your hobbies?
5.  If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
6.  Do you see yourself blogging 5 years from now?
7.  Do you like it quiet while you blog or do you need background noise?
8.  What do you want to be when you grow up? (I believe we are all kids, at heart, and it's never too late to be what you want to be!)
9.  Morning person or night owl?
10.  Any special plans for the summer?
11.  And last, but not least, what lead you to starting your own blog?

I want to thank Leigh Anne again for nominating me!

As always, thank you for spending some time of your day with me.  Until later...Huggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.