Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hubby spoils me, this I know....

This post was originally scheduled for 4/29/14 but did not post, apparently.  I must apologize for not checking earlier to make sure that it did post.  So here it is, in it's entirety, please forgive the incorrect mentions of days and/or dates given.  Thank you!  (May 31, 2014 8:43 pm est)

*purchased myself, nothing to declare*

Good morning, darling readers.  I hope your Tuesday is going well so far.  The other day, hubby and I went shopping and as we passed a polish display, he surprised me by stopping and said to pick one.  I then said, why don't you pick a color for me and then said anything but green or yellow.  So this is what he picked.  I guess this is what I get when he forgets his glasses.  lol

This is Sinful Colors Mint Apple and yes, it's a green.  :0)  I'm still not sure how I feel about it quite yet, with my pale skin color.  It's a pretty color, but I think it makes me look even more pale.  What do you think?

What I used:  Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat, two coats Sinful Colors Mint Apple, and one coat Seche Vite.

I think I'm getting better with my clean-up.  I bought a Smudge Eye Sponge by ELF that I've been using and think it works pretty well.  I've also slowed down when I apply my polish so I'm more precise and don't have as much clean-up as I did before.

Here you can see that I nicked my thumb before my polish was completely dry.  It really wasn't that noticeable until I took the photo's  Photo's really do catch all the blemishes, don't they?

The formula on this polish was a little streaky on the first coat but evened out on the second.  For a bargain brand, it isn't bad and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more.  I only have 5 total of this brand and this is the first one I've used so I'm not sure how they compare to each other, formula wise.  When I use the others, I'll try to remember to compare them to each other.

Do you own any of the Sinful Colors brand and if so, what is your favorite color(s)?

As always, thank you for spending a little of your day with me.  Until later...Huggles!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colour though, even if it was a green he picked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he does a good job of picking colors for me. I have a bright pink he picked out last year that I've worn a couple times. I'm thinking he thought it was a blue, while we were at the store. Although I'm not a huge fan of green, I do think this one is pretty. :)

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.