Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cowabunga, dude!

Good early Sunday morning!  It's just after 3 am and I hope most of y'all are sleeping.  Because my hubby works swing shift and because of the problems I have with my back, I'm somewhat of a night owl most of the time.  I do try, when he works day shift, to get to bed at a decent hour, but I usually find myself staying up most of the night and going to bed just as he leaves for work and getting up for the day as he gets home from work.  That is, if I'm lucky enough to sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time.  If any of y'all suffer chronic pain, like I do, you know how hard sleeping for more than a few hours at a time can be and how common insomnia is.

Today I have for you a polish made by Leigh Anne at Polish Yer Hooves called Cowabunga.  As soon as I saw this polish, I knew I had to have it!  It's a beautiful mix of navy and lavender holographic glitters with a sprinkle of diamond dust glitter in a clear base, to make it a true glitter bomb.  Leigh Ann and I have a few things in common:  we are both from the state of Ohio (although she currently does not live here), love Ohio State University Football, and we both have a love of cows that began in our childhoods.  We both served in the military and most important of all, we love nail polish!

As of today, I'm going to be starting something a little new with my photo's.  I'll be doing one that shows all the polishes I used when I did my mani.  I did, in this one, and for the post I plan to do for tomorrow, forget to include the base coat I used, which is Essie's Ridge Filling Base Coat.
The polishes I used for today's mani.  From l to r:  Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, Rock Bottom:, Polish Yer Hooves, Cowabunga; Polish Yer Hooves, Anti-Cow Licker, and Seche Vite Top Coat.

This is 3 coats of Cowabunga, with no undies, and 1 coat Seche Vite.

This is 2 coats Rock Bottom, 1 coat Cowabunga, 1 coat Anti-Cow Licker, and 1 coat Seche Vite.

And this is the same as above, just the full hand.

Anti-Cow Licker helps smooth glitter polishes and gives your polish a good shine.  I used Seche Vite to help speed up the drying process although, after using the anti-cow licker, my polish felt very smooth.  I just wanted to make sure it dried a little quicker since the kittens were playing on my bed.  

Leigh Anne currently is only taking custom orders on her Etsy shop, which can be found here, but she plans on expanding her line again sometime in mid-May.  You can check her blog and her Facebook pages for updates on when the exact date will be.

Do you have any Polish Yer Hooves polishes and if so, which ones do you own?

As always, thank you for spending a little of your day with me.  Until later...Huggles!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.