Monday, November 18, 2013

November Ipsy-Glam It Up!

*This post contains a referral link*
Good afternoon, darling readers!  August was the last time I posted an Ipsy bag so I have a few to catch up on, but I did want to share this one with you because it was a special one.  Instead of receiving our regular 4 to 5 items, we received 6 items because everyone received an item from the new em Michelle Phan make-up line!  From what I gather in my Glam Room, the em Michelle item could either be a lip balm, an water liner, a lip stick, or a mascara.  To see which item I received, you'll have to keep reading.  :0)

Up first is the bag itself.  It's made of a gold lame fabric made to look like crocodile skin trimmed with a hot pink zipper.  The inside is hot pink and has the trade mark Ipsy tag sewn in.  It has a long wrist strap you can wear so you don't lose it while out, if you so choose to take it along on a night out.  All the items I received this month fit inside the bag, so it can hold quite a bit of stuff.  As with all make-up bags, I suggest not over-stuffing them as the zippers aren't meant to hold up to some of the abuse us ladies can put them through.
November 2013 Ipsy bag.

Inside view of November 2013 Ipsy bag.

To find out what I got in my bag, please continue reading after the jump.






Here is what I got in my November 2013 Ipsy bag.  From left to right:
Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in "Hot Damn", bh Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in "Aphrodite", 
em Michelle Phan Lip Gallery Creamy Color Lipstick in "Hug Me", Pixi Beauty Bronzer in
"Subtly Suntouched", Nailtini Nail Lacquer in "Champagne", and
Starlooks Eyeliner in "Topaz"

First up is Be A Bombshell Lip Crayon in "Hot Damn".  This is a bright red and I like it!  When I first saw this show up in my glam room,  this was the shade I was hoping to get.  If you want to mute the color a little, you can wear a light shade of pink over it to tone it down.  This is a full size.  Retails for $14.

Next is bh Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow in "Aphrodite".  This color is a bit hard to describe.  It's kind of a rust-red color.  I've seen a lot of people saying that they're afraid they can't make this shade work for them because they are too fair but I'm going to try it.  It is a sample size.  I have not seen this sold as a single on their website only in the Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow set that is on sale right now for $14.95.  This sample is approx $1.28.

Then we have the 'big item' of our bag, the em Michelle Phan.  I got the creamy color lipstick in "Hug Me".  To be honest, I was hoping for a waterliner, but I'm happy for any em product to try.  This shade is extremely light on me (doesn't show up at all-just leaves a shimmer), so I'll be wearing it once in awhile to tone down the lip crayon or any other red lip I decide needs to be turned down just a bit.  This is a full size and retails for $16.50.

Next up is the Pixie Beauty Bronzer in Subly Suntouched.  It's described as a medium honey tan, but it comes out very light on me, as in barely shows up.  I may end up using this as a highlighter or over another bronzer just to add depth.  This is a sample size of 3.2 grams.  On their website, it comes with a kabuki brush, so it was a bit harder to figure an approximate price break-down, so I got as close as I could at about $5.63.  It retails for the full size, with kabuki brush, for $18.  

Then we have Nailtini Straight Up Nail Lacquer in the color "Champagne".  It's a very pretty rose-gold color.  I think this will be very pretty as an accent nail or maybe as a stamping polish.  I haven't tried it as of yet but am anxious to do so.  I have tried other nailtini colors and do like them.  This is a full size and retails for $13.

And finally, last but not least, is Starlooks eyeliner in "Topaz".  I've also seen a lot of people saying that they just can't do this color either because they are 'too old' or it's just 'too bright'.  I plan to use just a tiny bit at the inside corner of my eye, just to brighten it up a bit.  I think, no matter what your eye color, just a tiny bit of this, will make your eye color pop!  This is also a full-sized product and retails for $14.

Here are a few photo's of how these items looked when swatched on my inner arm:

As you can see here, the em lipstick really doesn't show up at all, just leaves a shimmer.

The lipstick turns the lipcrayon into a really pretty shade of pink, doesn't it?

If I can't make this work as an eye shadow, I can always use it as a blush.  

I probably should have circled where I put the bronzer so you can see it a little better since it really doesn't show up all that well on my skin.  It does leave a little shimmer there, doesn't it?

And that's it for my November 2013 Ipsy bag.  I really did like all the items I received, even though a couple of the shades were a little light, I will make them work for me, somehow.  I haven't really experimented with the bronzer all that much yet, so it may built up to a deeper color than what it shows in the above photo so I'll have to see.  And I know I'm going to enjoy the lipstick as a topper over other lipstick I have that I haven't worn because I've thought they were either too bright or too dark to wear, so that will come in handy as well.  The total value of my bag was approximately $64.41.  Not bad for spending just $10.  :)

If you are not a current Ipsy subscriber and would like to subscribe, you can do so by clicking on my link here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.