Thursday, May 16, 2013

Three months of Ipsy, starting with May....

DISCLOSURE:  Referral Link contained within this post.
All items were paid for out of my own pocket and were not provided by any company mentioned.
Thank you for reading!

Good early morning (or late evening, depending on where you are) darling readers!  I apologize for being gone so long.  My surgery went well and I'm nearly healed.  My new SCS battery is working very well and doing a good job for me.  Right now I only have a few settings, but will be meeting with the company rep again at my next doctor's appointment to do some more programming and that will make me a very happy patient.  :0)  This new system I have is called an Eon Mini and is half the size of my previous system.  It's also rechargable, which means I can recharge the battery when it needs it.  I usually don't wait until it needs it however, I charge on a weekly schedule because it's easier for me to remember.  The old system, I would plug my charging unit into the wall and then put the antenna where it needed to be and sit as still as I could while it did it's thing.  This new system, I can take with me.  It's completely portable!  Once I'm done charging, then I can recharge the charging unit with a wall charger.  Kind of neat, but it's also kind of a pain in the tush because my charging sessions are now longer.  Before, they were 45 minutes to an hour long and now they are just short of 2 hours, so far.  I far prefer the shorter charging time even if it means the inconvenience of sitting still for an hour so if, in 7 to 10 years, when this battery reaches its end of life and there are no other options and I can have a choice, I am going to see if I can go back to the other type of system unless I can get used to this one in the meantime.  Okay, enough of my complaining about medical stuff and onto the nail, or in case of today's post, make-up, stuff!  :0)

Today, I have for you, three months worth of Ipsy! Back in mid-January, I read a review on someone's blog about a subscription service called MyGlam or Ipsy as it is now known.  For $10 a month, members receive between 4 to 6 deluxe or full-sized samples.  On the website, you can upload or view member videos and partipate in product discussions.  There is also a new referral system that just started in May.  If you would like to join Ipsy, you can do so here.  At the time I read about it, Ipsy had a waiting list, so I didn't get my first bag until I came off the wait list at the end of March.  But since I just received my May bag, I am going to start with that one and work my way backwards to my first bag I received in March.  :0)  Since this is going to be a long post, I will add a jump after I am finished with May's bag.

Without further ado, a photo of what was included in my May bag:
The theme for the month of May is:  Spring Fling!  I think the colors of the bag reflect this very well.  I probably wouldn't have bought it for myself if I had gone to the store, but now that I have it, I do like it.
Normally all Ipsy bags are very similar with only 1 or 2 items slightly different, but this month, there were quite a lot that were very different from each other as there were several different item options.  From left to right, these are the items I received with suggested retail prices.

Pacifica Coconut Crushed Pearl Bronzing Body Butter 2 oz tube $7
Zoyz Nail Lacquer $8
Yaby Concearler in Buff $5.06
Mirabella Perfecting Powder $30
Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Pink $12
Total value of bag $63.06

Same items, but with the boxed items unboxed.  Now you can see the color of Zoya I received.  It's my favorite color, purple!  The name of it is Julie.  I'll be trying it very soon.

An inside view of the bag.  Very pretty!

And that is my May Ipsy bag.  Do you subscribe to Ipsy?  If so, what did you get that was different?  Were you able to take advantage of the referral program to earn either of the bonus items?





Now let's check out my April bag.  I thought the bag looked very plain except the hot pink band at the top.  Then I saw some of the other ladies had posted on Ipsy's site what they'd done to their bags.  They'd decorated them!  I haven't done anything to mine, as of yet, because it always takes me forever to decide on a design, but once I settle on something I really like, I'll be decorating mine as well.  :)  The theme for April's bag was Pretty in Pink.

April bag and items.

From left to right, what I received, with suggested retail prices.

Sation Nail Lacquer $5
Two Cosmetics Duo Eyeshadow in Heartache $5.75
Sexy Hair Soy Renewal 0.85 oz bottle  approx $5.49
Be A Bombshell Blush in Sweet Cheeks $16
Total value of bag:  Approx $32.24

The inside of April's bag.  Some people got a different bag along with a note explaining there was a quality issue and they would receive it with their May bag.

And now for the one that started it all, the March Ipsy bag.  Out of the three I've received so far, the design of the bag is the one I like the most.  I have a new Facebook friend who is in the Navy and I've been thinking about sending it to her as a surprise.  She used to do a Vlog herself before she started joined and still will do her nails, during off duty time.  I kind of doubt she reads my blog, but in case she does, I'm going to say "Hi Sunshine, I hope your Wednesday was wonderful! You know who you are!" lol  and hope she feels free to leave a comment.  :D  Without further ado, the March bag:


 The cute pink envelope the Ipsy bags come in every month.

The theme for March was The Great Escape.  Isn't that a cute make-up bag?  Those little anchors remind me of my Navy friend and I think she'd really like it.  I want to fill it with some nail goodies before I send it to her.  From left to right:

La Fresh Make-Up Remover Wipes $1.99
Glam Rx Palette $9.95
Yaby Eyeshadow Refill in Azela Petal $3.29
Yaby Eyeshadow Refill in Seashell $3.29
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist 1 oz approx $3.26
Total cost of bag: approx $21.78 

Inside view of the bag with the Ipsy logo.

I haven't really used many of the items I've received yet but I know the setting powder and reflecting gloss will be put to good use soon as well as the eyeshadows.  I've never used a hydrating mist or a soy renewal product in my hair, but I'm game to give it a try, after all, what else is a sample program about, but trying out new and different things.  I did try the make-up remover wipes and turns out I'm allergic to them.  I had such a horrible rash within 10 minutes of using it.  They haven't gone to waste tho, I've used the rest to clean my bathroom mirror.  lol  

So far, I've liked pretty much everything I've received in my Ipsy bags.  I might have liked the make-up remover wipes much better had I not been allergic to them, but at least I did find an alternate use for them.  :D

As always, thank you very much for spending time with me this morning and I hope you have a terrific Thursday!  Huggles!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela. I am glad your surgery went well and you are healing : ) That is such great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How are YOU doing? I've been thinking about you lots and hope that you are doing well. I go for another check-up on Monday (routine check-up) but have to check on an issue I'm having with my SCS not charging correctly and may have to have surgery again. We'll know more after my appointment Monday.

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.