Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I did with my April NAS kit...

Good early morning, my darling readers.  I hope y'all are doing well.  Last night I decided to do something with the Kiss Artist Paints and Tip Guides set that came in my April Nail Art Societ kit and this is what I came up with.  Without further ado, the photos:


Both photo's were taken outdoors, in natural light.  For my base coat, I used Nail Nation 3000 Green Apple base coat, then I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Hard to Get as the base of the design.  I didn't want to go with anything in particular so I did an abstract and each nail is slightly different.  I used the Turquoise striping paint first and brushed it on, let it dry, then brushed on the Lavender striping paint.  Then finally, I used the Hot Pink striping paint.  I had a lot of fun using each of these.  This was the first time I've used striping paints even though I've had some for quite awhile.


This was before I added a top coat of Seche and before cuticle oil.  My cuticles are super dry right now.  Sorry y'all had to see them that way.

For those interested, I have a peek at my SCS equipment.  This is the St Jude Eon Mini that was implanted last Tuesday into my upper left buttock area.


At the top, leads plug into it and go up into my spinal canal.  The object of this is to interupt the pain signals before they reach my brain and replace it with a slight tingling sensation (electronic pulse) before I feel the pain.  I have two of these leads, photo below.


And finally, there is a remote that I have that operates the system.  It has different programs that allows me to change the sensation that I want to feel.  

That is the SCS in a nutshell.  The previous battery I had was double the size of this little mini I have now.  The life span of the battery is 8 to 10 years but my doctor tells me to expect about 7 years because of how I use it, 24/7/365.  I rarely ever turn my system off unless I am having medical tests done that requires it to be turned off, like an EKG or CT Scan.  

Do you ever just do abstract art on your nails?  If I had added rhinestones, do you think that would have been 'too much'?

As always, thank you for taking a few moments of your day to spend with me! Huggles!

1 comment:

  1. These look great!! Glad to hear your surgery went well too!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.