Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's A Pink Moon!

October 14, 2012 5:25 am

Good early morning, my darling readers! I hope most of you are still asleep this early in the day. Unfortunately I've gotten my sleep schedule a bit messed up again and I'm on night shift, which I guess will work well this week seeing as how my hubby is working that shift the next 5 nights as well. :0)

This morning I have for your viewing pleasure Kleancolor's Pinky Moon. I just love how this looks in the bottle. From just looking at it, you would think it goes on pink, but it's a clear base with silver bars, silver glitter, and cute little moons in it. Because of this, I really struggled getting photo's, especially with the icky lighting I have. For now, I've been taking photo's in my bath room and I suppose I should switch out the bulbs to something a little better than the current compact fluroscent bulbs I have in there now since everything seems to have a slight yellow cast to it. And now for the first photo, which is of the bottle.


I messed around with the settings on my camera some and backlit this photo. It didn't turn out too bad, I think.


Here I was trying to get a closer up view of the moons on the nail. I did have to do a little fishing in the bottle to make sure that each nail had at least one moon on it. I also backlit this photo.


This photo I didn't backlight so you can see the cast my lights leave. Maybe I should backlight all my photo's from now on?


I've included this one, even though the middle fingernail has a chunck of polish missing because I wanted to show y'all what happens when your 154 pound dog decides he has to go out NOW! and you have wet nails. lol

The underwear (or base polish, if you'd rather) I used is 2 coats LA Colors Color Crazy Summertime, which I featured in my very first post, followed by 2 coats of the Kleancolor Pinky Moon, and 1 thick coat of Out The Door since the Pinky Moon felt just a bit rough after the second coat and the top coat smoothed everything nicely.

Do you have Kleancolor Pinky Moon and if so, what have you worn it over?


Thank you for spending a few minutes of your day with me today and I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day! Huggles!

3 comments:

  1. The glitter is fab, I'd love to see it over a dark inky blue! I don't think I could wear it myself though as even just plain bar glitters annoy me if they are slightly raised and I pick them off!I can imagine there would be no moon, it would be a total eclipse on my nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma! I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this. I'll keep the suggestion in mind. I think the darkest blue I have right now is Saved By The Blue, a WnW color I believe. I'll see about getting a navy or dark blue sometime next month as I'm on a no-buy the rest of this month thanks to our furnace. :) After I put the top coat on, the moons layed down good and everything felt very smooth. When I get the darker blue and do this glitter topcoat, I'll let you know so you can take a look at it. :0)

      Delete
    2. that'll be good thanks, I'm on a no buy too thanks to an expensive short break in Edinburgh! It was worth it, but I'm still ill. I think that's where I picked up these germs!

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.