Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Leopard Print FAIL!

Good afternoon, my darling readers.  I hope everyone is having an excellent Sunday!  I've spent the last several hours trying to get the mani I'm now working on just perfect and just been irritating myself.  All because this new 'coalition' of women who call themselves "Clean Up or Die" can't stand to look at messy manicures and it's made me extremely self-conscious now and feeling a bit unwelcome in the nail world.  Thankfully, I started my blog for myself and my friends and anyone else who happens to want to stop by and visit.  Those who are bothered by my clean-up methods don't have to stay and look at it, there is a little X at the top right hand of the screen up there, please place your cursor on it now and click your left mouse button to exit my blog now, thank you!  For those of you who are staying, thank you!  I appreciate your time and I appreciate you!

Now on to today's mani.  I tried, I really did, to do a leopard print and it was all going well, until I got to the part where I was supposed to do the outlining of the spots.  And then it all went wrong somehow.  Now it looks more like some kind of abstract art piece to me than leopard print, so if you want to consider it a sucess for abstract art, then that is good, but as a leopard print, it's not so good.

And now, for your not so good viewing pleasure, lol:  (I started with 1 coat of Beauty Secrets Ridge Filler as my base coat)

The base color, Wet n Wild, Megalast, Disturbia-2 coats.

The darker pink dots are China Glaze Strawberry Fields and the lighter pink dots are LA Colors, Color Craze, Summertime.  (I apologize for the white polish everywhere.  I didn't notice it until after I took the photo's.)

The white outline is Sally Hansen, Hard As Nails, Hard to Get.  I then topped everything off with 1 coat of inm Out The Door.

What do you think?  Is this a leopard print or does it look more like an abstract art project to you?

Thank you for stopping by to visit with me today and I hope you come again to see what tomorrow's mani will be.  Huggles!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on the clean up or die post and was pleased it was left on there. I left a facebook group after my first ever attempt at stamping was met with comments that i should try not to paint too near cuticles... I must say though that you've done a very neat job on this post. I think screw them, I may start deliberately posting extra messy mani's now!!!!

    As for your abstract art.... well on the close up when I opened the image larger I could see where you were heading with the design. I haven't ever tried this as I can imagine mine would be a fail too. I have only ever stamped a leopard print design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done too much stamping, as of yet. Just a little experimenting, mainly to see if I can get the hang of it or not. I really would like to get this leopard print down as I really like the look because there are so many options with it. Maybe I'll try the zebra look next, it may be a little easier. You think so?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.