Sunday, October 21, 2012

Avez-vous vu une manucure française aujourd'hui?

Good early morning, darling readers.  The above translates from French to English as "Have you seen a french manicure today?"  :0)  Thank goodness for google translator for the help with that one.

It's been a busy day today around our household.  I almost lost my nails during the Ohio State/Purdue game when we (Ohio) were down 8 points in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.  If I'd had teeth, they'd definitely be gone (my nails, that is!) because I would have chewed them off in my nervousness.  But we tied and went into overtime, then won by a touchdown.  Woohoo BUCKEYES!  (Sorry to rub it in for those Purdue fans out there.) Then my daughter stopped by with my grandson and his older brother and sister.  It was a very nice visit.

Their visit leads me to my first photo this morning.  I have a new hand model!  I, however, am not the one who did her manicure, that was done by my daughter.  :)  This is one coat of the new color changing pink polish I received in nail mail this week on the 4 fingers, with 1 coat of Kleancolor Pinky Moon on the middle and pinky fingers.  On the thumb is 2 coats of Sally Hansen Hard As Nails, Hard to Get and the zebra stripes were done with LA Color Art Deco in Black.




I think Jamie did an excellent job of modeling for me, don't you?  And her nails are adorable!  I may have her as a guest model from time to time, whenever she comes to visit.  She isn't my granddaughter by blood, but she is my grandson's half sister so I'll claim her as my granddaughter.  :0)  

My french manicure, after the jump.






After wearing CG's Ruby Pumps for a day, I decided I would try my first french manicure.  I used 2 coats of Pure Ice, Black Out on the tips, followed by a coat of Out the Door.


Pure Ice, Black Out


Right hand


Left hand (yes, dear readers, I am ambidextrous, lol)

Left hand, again, with bottle of Pure Ice.


Do you like the non-traditional (with colors) french mani's?  Or do you prefer the more traditional french mani?

I did get my nails redone, but haven't gotten photo's yet because the batteries in the camera died.  I'll get photo's tomorrow afternoon and post the review I was originally going to do today, then. 

Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to spend with me today.  Until later...Huggles!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had young looking hands like your daughter. Even when I was 21 I was told (by an ex) that I had the hands of an 80year old woman. I have terrible trouble with eczema which is mainly isolated to my hands, so after a flare up they are wickedly dry. When it comes to a French I prefer none traditional, but I don't do them at all when my nails are short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma!

    Those young looking hands are actually my daughter's boyfriends daughter. I don't know if it's proper or not, but I'm claiming her as my grand daughter since she is the half-sister of my grandson. :) She's 8, or close to it anyway. My son also has trouble with eczema sometimes, especially on his fingers. I don't think it's as bad now as it was when he was a kid, it would get awful, especially in the winter. Do you use a certain kind of cream or lotion for your hands during a bad break-out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment I'm using as much hand cream as possible. Glycerine based ones seem best. And wearing gloves outdoors helps! And as for your granddaughter well her very youthful age explains those lovely plump hands!

      Delete

I love hearing from y'all and will respond (eventually, lol) to all comments left here.